I'm currently a Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, supervised by Prof. Z. Morley Mao. My current research interests include Network and System Security.
Before coming to UMich, in 2016, I received my B.Eng. in Software Engineering from Tongji University in Shanghai, China. After that, I worked as a research assistant supervised by Dr. Daniel Xiapu Luo at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
My research generally focuses on network and system security. More specifically, my research interest includes vulnerability discovery and security enhancement, leveraging formal analysis (e.g., model checking), fuzzing, and hardware-assisted security features (e.g., TrustZone). Currently, I am actively working on the Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) protocol/system security and in-vehicle network security.
- Shengtuo Hu, Qi Alfred Chen, Jiachen Sun, Yiheng Feng, Z. Morley Mao, and Henry X. Liu. Automated Discovery of Denial-of-Service Vulnerabilities in Connected Vehicle Protocols. To appear in the 30th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2021), Vancouver, B.C., Canada, August 2021
- [Best Paper Award] Shengtuo Hu, Qi Alfred Chen, Jiwon Joung, Can Carlak, Yiheng Feng, Z. Morley Mao, Henry X. Liu. CVShield: Guarding Sensor Data in Connected Vehicle with Trusted Execution Environment. Proc. of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Automotive Cybersecurity (AutoSec@CODASPY 2020),
New Orleans, LA, March 2020Online, August 2020.
- Jeremy Erickson, Shibo Chen, Mel Savich, Shengtuo Hu, Z. Morley Mao. CommPact: Evaluating the Feasibility of Autonomous Vehicle Contracts. Proc. of the 2018 IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC 2018), Taipei, Taiwan, December 2018.
- Shengtuo Hu, Xiaobo Ma, Muhui Jiang, Xiapu Luo, and Man Ho Au. AutoFlowLeaker: Circumventing Web Censorship through Automation Services. Proc. of the 36th IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2017), Hong Kong, China, September 2017.
- Muhui Jiang, Xiapu Luo, TungNgai Miu, Shengtuo Hu, and Weixiong Rao. Are HTTP/2 Servers Ready Yet? Proc. of the 37th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017), Atlanta, USA, June 2017.
- Shengtuo Hu, Qi Alfred Chen, Yiheng Feng, Z. Morley Mao, Henry X. Liu. Poster: Security Analysis of Connected Vehicle Communication Protocol. The 27th USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security 2018), Baltimore, MD USA, August 2018.